Wednesday, January 2, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


It's all ahead of us Polly Pals... A brand new year chock full of opportunities and surprises. Yesterday is history - right?  Nothing so refreshing as a brand new start. Amen!

Did you clean out your kitchen cupboards or the fridge? I did and depressing it was. I mean what kind of slob houses food that expired in 2005? Dare I ask... I even had stuff in the fridge that grew legs and was walking out the door until I stopped it. And no, it wasn't a mouse! Those little critters are history. All is happy now in my squeaky clean kitchen. 

I wish I could zap through those t.v. ads.  Every second one is about weight loss.  Hello! Do they have to be so obvious. Couldn't they wait until after Little Christmas on January 6th.  That being said I went to the supermarket today and stocked up on healthy fruit and veggies. January is a long month. I've often thought it would be better to donate a few days to February. They could do with the extra day or two.

New Year's Eve I had the hair trimmed. It is good Feng Shui as apparently hair absorbs negative energy. Having your hair trimmed regularly keeps good energy flowing. As Chevaun was humming away with the scissors, I read a really interesting article in a magazine, and it got me thinking...I'll share it with you and pssst...please pass it around! This is good gossip.

January has been designated 'Kindness Month' so says Jane Francisco of Chatelaine magazine. Instead of wasting time on self-defeating resolutions - why not join the revolution? Here's what you do...Log into kindcycle.com  and sign up to become a KindAgent. It takes only a minute and costs nothing. You just commit to doing five random acts of kindness during the month of January. If each of the readers of Chatelaine magazine did the 5 kindness acts in January, Ms. Francisco reckons the collective output will be over 20 million acts of kindness in a single month - not bad eh? Any suggestions?

Let the sluice gates of your imagination release a deluge of kindness!

Can't wait to hear  your ideas!!

Choo Choo for now and Happy Adventures...

Patricia xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment