Monday, July 22, 2013

KING KENNY - IT'S OFFICIAL NOW!

If daddy was still alive, he would have turned 87 today! It was a very sad day for me thinking about this, as it was for mammy.

It was a stressful day - for other reasons too - not least of all the RENOS!! I tossed and turned all night long as our bedroom was illuminated by the full moon (in Aquarius) - erratic!! Then just as I was about to sleep - hark! - I heard the sound of ladders being struck against the walls and mens' voices - it was the painters! Heck - they arrived earlier than anticipated. I hadn't even got out of bed! I jumped up quickly and now it has dawned on me - I did not shower today - stay away people!!

Next excitement - the car would not start! I had to call BCAA and then after they started it, had to bring it down to be serviced. Vicky drove me home in our other car - just in time to see that the green paint colour for the trim was not the right one - Phew! caught it in time. I had given them the wrong colour green. But fortunately, this was the initial 'trial run' and they hadn't put in the full order yet. That's why you need to be around!!

In the meantime, our house was like a jungle - literally - we had a visiting cat and a bird! Apparently they came in from the scaffolding. Lulu and Chichi went ape! Brian the lively carpenter told me the weird box he found in the dirt pile beneath the porch, was in fact a 'shock treatment' device. I know about these being used for depression, but since the device was nearly one hundred years old, Brian did some investigation and discovered that it was used to ease colds, flu, headaches, etc. Instead of Tylenol, they used shock therapy. You learn something new every day! And this little machine which he found beneath the porch delivered the shocks.

Coffee was on tap all day long for the guys in our cosy garage, along with a box of biscuits. We also have a drinks fridge there which I filled with cans of coca cola and sprite. Altogether, we have six guys working on the house - not including the roofers who start next week. So it is all systems go!! And the guys are all adorable. It's true what they say - you get more bees with honey - co-operation and enthusiam as well.

Lastly,  this is where the 'KING KENNY' bit comes in...Mother always used to call daddy 'King Kenny' and today what happens? A future King of England was born to Kate and William on Daddy's Birthday - How funny is that? Mother was thrilled and took great comfort in knowing that a King was born today on 'King Kenny's' birthday!!

Choo Choo for now and enjoy the sunshine!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment