Tuesday, July 9, 2013

THIRTY YEARS TODAY!



Yes, today is my 30th Wedding Anniversary, also known as 'Pearl'. I have been married to my sweetie for 30 years today...in fact as I write this, we were exchanging vows in the Cathedral, Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland at this PRECISE moment 30 years ago, though I have known Kevin for 46 years. You could say we met in Kindergarten - or something like that...Well actually if you want to know...we met in a hayshed at the back of Murray's Pub in Kilkee. I was busy cooking up flowers in an old bean tin with my sisters. It was our 'hideaway' and we called it the 'Hazlenut Club' because our surname was 'Hayes'.

In walked Kevin with his brother Tom, and a friend Leonard Owens, who was the adopted son of the Murray family. We told them to 'buzz off' this was a 'private' club for 'Girls only' and that was that! Actually, we did meet briefly before then when his parents stopped the car one day and asked me for directions...Kevin was the first fellow to ever ask me to dance...and was my first, and last, major crush. So it was meant to be...

If you can believe it...a renowned German psychic once told me that Kevin and I had been married in two past lives...In one past life, we had been Native Indians living in Manitoba, Canada, and that it was our destiny to return to Canada again... Could that explain why when we first came to Fort McMurray, Alberta 20 years ago, we literally went 'Native' and filled our home from top to toe with everything 'Native' - furniture, art work, music, dream catchers, pottery, etc. We even bought a life size wooden statue of an Indian, which we still have today. And that was BEFORE I ever met that German psychic! Wonders never cease.

So, without further ado, we shall enjoy our special day...I am heading into the office shortly, and later we shall celebrate together in the 'Irish Times' on Government Street. When the family are all together, I would like to do a pearl-themed dinner; white linen tablecloth, pearl necklaces strewn on the table...empty oyster shells filled with pearly treats! Thirty years is worth celebrating...Thank you God!

Deo Gratias!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment