Wednesday, July 17, 2013

RUNAWAY RENO!

Where have all the workers gone? Yesterday it was positively raining men, and today there was a drought. Was it the heat? We were supposed to have an army of men coming in today with their hoses to power wash the whole place. (I was hoping to sneak in a good power wash myself while they were at it - no such luck). A team of carpenters were supposed to be hammering their way in my direction as well.

The frustrating thing is I was up at the crack of dawn, having gone to bed late cleaning and sweeping the exterior of the house, and getting all the hanging baskets down, and patio furniture into the garage. I stayed up late cleaning out the garage to make room for the storm windows - as per strict orders from Steve, the Project Manager. I was all hyped up and ready to rock and roll today - even had the drinks in the cooler box ready for the soon-to-be thirsty boys. By 10.00 there was not a sound to be heard. I phoned Steve to find out "What time are they coming?" "They should be there by now, I'll phone you back" he said...I waited and waited and waited by the phone, finally the phone rings, it's Steve "They're not coming today, they'll be there tomorrow instead" Then Steve proceeds to tell me that "in this business, you have to be prepared for anything" Under my breath I said to myself "and prepared for nothing!"

Finally around 11.00 Chi Chi barked to let me know there was an invader. I went outside to see Bill the carpenter had arrived and was starting to chip away at the stucco, and got very excited when he discovered a room beneath the porch that I did not even know existed! "Is there any treasure in there Bill" I asked "Yes, lots" he said getting very happy when he saw some old teak doors thrown in there and other treasures "You may even be able to pay for the renos if you sell this stuff" he said, getting really excited. He has a good sense of humour, not so sure yet about the work ethic! That was the only bit of action today. After about an hour and a half hammering away, Bill came in to tell me that he had to go urgently to the hospital as one of his colleagues was taken ill...That was my action packed Reno Day today! Hopefully tomorrow, there will be lots of muscular men monkeying around on my expensively redundant scaffolding! Tyler the painter did warn "We move fast". Thanks Tyler, I'll try and remember that.

I was prepared for frustrations...Mercury the planet of communications is still retro in the sky and does not go direct until Saturday, after its three week sojourn. I hate when mercury is retro. People get really forgetful and do loopy things during this period. Today I placed an order for a lantern on Vicky's bedroom porch to replace the old rusty one currently there. When I was in the shop, I showed the girl the exact one I wanted, and sure enough she ordered the wrong one! Fortunately, I was on the ball and saw her mistake before she did. Again, classic Mercury retro goop. A friend had an interview for a job at 3.30 today. When she arrived for her interview, the lady who set up the interview was on a day's leave, and nobody knew about the interview! - Mercury Retro fall-out!! It happens three times a year. It was retro when I was travelling back from Ireland. In fact when I was in the middle of my 'Heathrow Hell' experience, I did remember that. So, even though frustrations come - they also go!

If you too are experiencing communication 'frustrations', be patient and take heart in the knowledge that Mercury does go direct on Saturday - Reason to cheer Yee Haw!!
Zimmerman not guilty! - Mercury retro? Communications gone REALLY assways!

Choo Choo for now and Love ya,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment