Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TIME OUT

The sun was shining and the boys were noising. Wiggly little worries were swirling around my head like a dust storm; only one solution - Time Out!

Soon as I dropped Kevin off at work, I headed for my beloved chip trail where I have pounded away thousands of steps over the years. It is my favourite place to meditate, and at the same time get a bit of exercise. Temperature was just perfect at 22 degrees. A gentle breeze caressed my face, while all around the perfume of wild roses infused the air - heaven!

En route, I befriended a delightful black cat by the name of Boris. How did I know that was his name? A walker greeted him by name and threw me a smile. With my bosom, surely I could not be mistaken for a Boris? If I was to be a boy I think I would be a Shane. We played together for a few minutes as he rolled around in the dust (the cat not the walker). I tickled his tummy and by the time our session ended, I felt right as rain. Thank you Boris!

Next, I bumped into various folk I know from the trail, and we chit chatted for a few moments. I discovered a lady I know is now a grandmother and has another daughter getting married in September d.v. simple words being exchanged which added to that sense of connection. As I progressed on my little amble I met an artist friend. We talked about Italy and my recent trip. She loves the place and went on a holiday to Tuscany with fellow artists last year. Now that would be my idea of heaven!! A realtor I know brought a group of people to St. Petersbourg, Russia on a cultural holiday - another trip I would love to make.

By the time I got back to the hotspot things were hotting up all right! Our project manager thinks the red does not pop enough! We discussed it. Now the painter is in disagreement with the project manager over the correct finish for the green trim; should it be semi-gloss or eggshell? Yikes need to discuss it with Kevin tonight...I'm treading on egg shells at the moment!!
And there is the question of the hardware, broken windows, pillars that are in danger of subsiding if we don't do something big and expensive about it...questions questions and the only answer is MONEY - the root of all evil and the cure for all Renos.

Choo Choo for now and enjoy the sunshine!!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment