Sunday, July 28, 2013

LOVE IS...

...going to a horror film with my family on a sunny Sunday afternoon! It wasn't my first choice, but I didn't want to disappoint the gang so off we went to see 'The Conjuring' which is based on a true story. That made it even more fearsome. It was the first time we ever had the whole cinema to ourselves! It felt both weird and luxurious. Even though I don't like horror movies, this one was very well produced and the actors were all excellent. It held me spellbound from start to finish and left me in no doubt that the power of Satan is alive and kicking - unfortunately! But God is more powerful - that is for sure and good does overcome evil.

Because it was so dark and dreary, I really needed a lift afterwards, so we went for a lovely walk down to the inner harbour, had an ice cream, and sat in the sun watching the buskers and all the tourists. Later Kevin and I went to the 'Irish Times' for something to eat. By the end of our happy jaunt, I had forgotten that nasty auld cobwebby movie, which really did nothing for me.

By direct contrast, 'Frances Ha' the movie we saw last week was superlative and much more 'up-beat' It tells the charming story of a 20 something year old girl trying to 'find herself' in New York. Frances is sweet, innocent and touchingly naive. We can all relate to her and share her ups and downs. Everyone wants her to succeed, yet there is an underlying fear that through lack of guile, and practicality, she could end up homeless. Eventually she does land on her feet. It's a fairy tale with a happy ending. More my cup of tea!

Another movie which I saw recently and thoroughly enjoyed was a chick flick called 'The Women'. All my favourite actresses were starring in it; Meg Ryan, Bette Midler, Annette Benning and Debra Messing. If you want a 'feel good' movie then I would suggest either of the above - NOT 'The Conjuring'!!

Weekends are for fleas, fashion and flicks! Flea markets that is!

Choo Choo for now!

Love,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment