Tuesday, November 18, 2014

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS...

The shops are killing me with temptation. All my favourite Christmas sweets and treats are back for their annual pilgrimage - more like pigrimage!!. They're looking good, and haven't changed a bit since last year - the exact same in fact. I bought a few tins of Belgian biscuits for the dining room table. It looks very inviting when people come in from the cold, and want a cuppa. I will hold out a bit on the Quality Street, even though they were on sale, I felt it a little dangerous bringing them into the house so soon before Christmas. Chocolates and seasonal movies work very nicely together.

I've started my shopping - went slightly overboard last Sunday...thanks to my Bay gift cards. The bank rewarded me for all my spending this past year, by giving me gift cards for all the major stores. Every time I pay with my Visa I get points. It's very encouraging!! I got Kevin's present, little bits and bobs for the girls...and was extremely indulgent. Well, it wasn't real money. I don't consider gift cards real money, or are they?? Hmmm...

I could not resist buying the most delightful Christmas village ornament. It's BIG...It comes with a skating rink (not a real one). The village lights up when you plug it in, and dancers dance around the skating rink to the jingle of jolly Christmas music. And the joy - it was free! Yay! - first there was 25% off, then I got an extra 20% with my Bay discount. Already I'm at 45% off, and my Bay gift cards paid for the rest. Thank you Mr. Bank! I love it!! I told the family that if ever I was too exhausted to put up the annual Christmas Mardi Gras of decorations, all we have to do is take out 'The Village'.  I decided to call it 'Tir na Nog" - the Irish for 'Land of eternal youth'.  Perfect! As if I needed another decoration hehe!! Holiday Hall in the basement is now groaning. Please not another decoration!

After watching all those Christmas decorating videos I was telling you about, I realized I wasn't the only crazy one out there. In fact, I would say I'm pretty tame in comparison to others. At least I have never spent a whole three days making a swinging Christmas chandelier, as one lady did, and I don't spend $2,000 on Christmas lighting electricity bills, as some folk do. Christmas brings out the kid in us all. We need to end the year on a high note. It helps keep our old engines revved up and happy as we welcome in a brand new year. Right?

Talk soon!

Luv,

Polly P xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment