Sunday, November 30, 2014

CHRISTMAS TREAT FROM POLLY'S PARLOUR!

I want to share my all time favourite Christmas song with you today. I think you will enjoy it too, and the video is totally charming. Love it!

To get you in the Christmas mood, let your fingers wander over to 'Polly's Playlist' and tell me what you think in the Comments section below...Do you adore it as much as I do? What is your favourite Christmas song?

I was sitting in the dining room the other day, surrounded by rolls of Christmas wrapping paper, colourful tags and ribbons, jingly bells for the wrapping, boxes of Christmas cards, the sweet aroma of Fresh Balsam (from Bath and Body Works) permeating the air. Candles lighting for special effect, and Christmas music...Bliss!!

Chris Rea's song 'Driving home for Christmas' came on, and I must have rewound it at least twenty times! Love Love Love that song. It brings back so many happy memories. Driving home to the country to visit my parents for Christmas, when I lived in Ireland. You can just feel the excitement and energy in the song.

So whether you will be flying home for Christmas, or driving, or walking - EnJOY this song!

Happy Monday and Happy New Week!

Hugs,

Polly P xxx

2 comments:

  1. OMG, weirdest thing ever -- just as I was reading this, what song should come on the radio?! DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Vicky and I were freaking out! What are the odds?!?!?! My favourite Christmas song is 'Fairytale of New York' !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I love that song too! Maybe I'll do that next time! What a co-incidence, just like when you were editing 'Highway to hell' Weird. Fairytale of New York makes me feel sad but Driving Home for Christmas makes me feel happy. Why? I think it is because the female singer in Fairytale of NY died so tragically. Kirsty McColl was her name I think, or something like that. She was so young and talented. Tragic talent loss. Love the song though.

      Delete