Sunday, September 14, 2014

C0-INCIDENCE OR WHAT??

Friday afternoon when I was in the office with Kevin, the phone rang. It was a young man keen to make an appointment to see a Psychiatrist. We spoke for a few moments, and I explained to him that he would need to get a referral from his family doctor, etc. He sounded a very nice young fellow, and in our brief conversation, he made an impact. He told me his name. I recognized his surname in an instant. He was from a prominent family here in Victoria.

So, here's where the co-incidence part comes in...

Tonight, as I was bringing Lulu for her nighty-night walk, a young man stopped to chat with us. He loved dogs, and wanted to know all about Lulu, her age, etc. Then he began telling me all about his dog, and soon our conversation meandered onto the night stars and constellations. He was a mine of information. Like himself, I could talk about dogs, and stars, 'til the cows come home. I found him actually quite fascinating. He was well dressed and mannerly - or as I say to my girls, 'the type of fellow who must have had a mammy who reared him well'.

As we were chatting, he pulled a rubic cube from his pocket which he called 'The Friendship Cube'. He told me that he had invented it, and it came with a card. The idea behind the cube was to 'pay it forward'. Do a good deed per day, then you earn a cube, and finally, you recruit somebody else to pay it forward, and do a good deed for somebody else. Right up my street!

I know what my girls are going to say when they read this "Mom - how do you always attract the weirdos?" Maybe it's because I'm a weirdo myself haha!! Every dog knows his own, or so it goes.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the young man gave me a little miniature rubic cube to keep, along with an instruction card. I thanked him and then asked him his name. Guess what?? When he told me his name, I nearly dropped - it was the same young man who was looking for a Psychiatrist in the office on Friday afternoon. I knew I recognized the voice, and his name was one you would remember. His parting words were "I hope our paths will cross again".

Whatcha make of that?? Co-incidence or what? Or simply frickin' weird!

Choo Choo for now!

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment