Wednesday, September 24, 2014

LETTING OFF STEAM.

After three weeks of intense Olympic training in the pool, I am now delighted to tell you I can swim like a whale - the beached variety that is.

Yesterday, prior to my training (!!), I decided to head into the sauna to heat up. The golden girls were in the pool, doing their aquafit classes, splashing around happily while listening to James Last, and the grooviest music I've heard since the 70's. 'Fly me to the Moon' being an example of what I mean. I would be happy just to get to the deep end...almost there!!

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I headed into the sauna. No sooner was my butt plonked down on the hot seat, when a young and sweaty fellow began chatting to me - I attract them. 'Them' being the weird variety. He told me how he had 'an anger issue'. He didn't need to explain, as every second word from his busy mouth was an expletive. The brunt of his anger at the moment was his best friend, who had stolen his very expensive sun glasses, and would not return them.

Suddenly - and before I could grab my towel, he stood up and smacked his hands together "I want to squish him like a fly" and with that, he sent shrapnels of sweat in my direction. "People are s**ts" he continued. "Really?" I returned, all innocent. It was getting way too steamy in there, so I bid the sweaty young man a hasty farewell.

After my lesson, I returned to the sauna with my Scottish pal. We like to have a little chat after the swim, and I was keen to know her reaction to the Scottish 'Neverendum' as they call it over there. Just as the conversation was getting juicy, a craggy old gal stood up and reprimanded us for chatting.  "I pay my money here for a bit of peace and quiet..." and with that she stormed out of the sauna. 'One less problem without you' I sang under my breath.

Peace and Quiet? - imagine if she had met the young man with the anger issue! Now that would be one blast of heat!! Isn't life funny?

Have a great day!

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment