Tuesday, September 16, 2014

IS MODESTY A THING OF THE PAST?

Call me a prude but please there is nothing worse than the sight of a dozen naked hairy women running casually around me. I find it rather rude. I'm sure a man would beg to differ. This is the unsightly intimacy that greets me every Tuesday in the changing room, when I go to my swimming lessons. Why? Especially when there are six cubicles where people can modestly take their clothes off, and put them on again - without shocking strangers!

My kids tell me I have a habit of staring at people, so excuse me ladies if I start to compare body parts. Am I too prudish? Could you run around butt naked in front of complete strangers? Is it me? Is it them? Directly after our class, there is a children's class, so can you imagine the shock they must get looking at all the naked grannies!!

Actually, the same thing happened to Kevin in a gym in Calgary. When he went into the changing room - same thing. Men running around naked as the day they were born - and little kids exposed to this. He did make a complaint at reception - probably on deaf ears.

I met a new pal from Scotland who is also doing the swimming lessons with me. We are about the same age, and were the only two showering with our swimming costumes on! "Would you do the naked thing around here?' I asked her. "Not in a million years!" she laughed. "It's the way I was reared".

Isn't culture and upbringing an interesting thing?

Who is right? Who is wrong?

I'll wear my goggles heading into the changing room next time!!

Bye for now!

Luv,

Polly P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment