Friday, September 12, 2014

IF THE CUP IS FULL WHY KEEP POURING?

I was listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer's 'Change your thoughts' meditation c.d. recently. I picked it up for $4 at a consignment shop. Within two minutes of listening, I began to understand why somebody had donated it. Sorry Wayne, but your Tao hmmmmmms sounded like a cow mooing, and was a bit hard on the eardrums! However, in between the very long Tao Now moos, he had a lot of good advice, some of which stuck like wax to my eardrums.

Apparently, 500 years before the birth of Jesus, a God-realized being named Lao-tzu in ancient China created the ultimate commentary on the nature of our existence. This classic text, called the 'Tao Te Ching or the Great Way, offered advice and guidance that was balanced, moral, spiritual, and always concerned with working for the good. In the c.d. Wayne Dyer  takes you on a journey through all 81 verses of the Tao, offering affirmations and a unique meditation technique that you can directly apply to your life. By repeating the word 'Tao' as a mantra, you will subliminally attain a level of wisdom and peace that you may never have experienced before...

Now I did try the Taooooo out loud, and Kevin ran in asking me if I was all right! You have to be careful where you try the Tao...

The affirmation that resonated with me was 'If the cup is full why keep pouring?'  

Something about it struck a chord within. Yes, I do have a lot of bling. The house has enough plates to feed an army, and then some. Yes, I do have a lot of clothes. No, I never need that extra cookie, No, I don't need another orange top...you get the drift?

Yeps, did it again! I've begun a 3 month challenge to myself. Started yesterday on 9/11. I wanted to do something special on that terribly sad day. I have challenged myself to stop filling up a cup, that is really replete. Between now and 12/11 d.v. I shall not add to my wardrobe, home, waistline, or wish list. I just want to see if I can do this for 3 months. I want to get back to a simpler life. A Tao existence. When we go shopping, Claudia repeats my mantra, to remind me - ''If the cup is full why keep pouring?'

Here's to a cracking great 3 months!! I'll be saying a lot of 'TAO NOW BROWN COW'!

Something to chew on...instead of cookies!!

Have a great weekend!

Luv,

Polly P xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment