Saturday, September 27, 2014

MAIL ORDER BRIDES

Bet you anything my readership will hit the ceiling today! That's what happened the time I did a blog about on-line dating. The search engine was worn out!!

I've a thing about mail order brides, simply because I see so many of them, especially in church, and they always look so miserable! I feel immense pity for the poor girls. Life is precious. They could do better than marrying a man old enough to be their father, and fat and sweaty enough to be a good candidate for Weight Watchers. 'Gross' is the word Kevin used the other day when we saw a couple coming towards us. He was holding her hand like she was a prize lotto ticket waiting to be cashed, and she was holding on to his clammy hand because she had to - all part of the deal. She looked a sweet 16, and he a sour 90!!  The MOB's are prevalent over here. I guess Canada is a popular destination.

Can a girl be happy under these confining circumstances? Does rat poison really work? Can high shoes and big glossy handbags compensate for the lack? Maybe there isn't a lack? Perhaps I am being far too judgemental. Maybe these old boys are where it's all happening, and are true knights in shining armour...well maybe not so shining! As a mother of three lovely daughters, I find it difficult not to be a Mrs. Bennett. I'm all about the girl, and some of these beautiful young women deserve far more. In my opinion, MOB's are a step backwards. Slavery was abolished years ago, or so I thought.

'Kinky' is the word that comes to mind when I observe how these men like their young brides to dress. The 'Barbie doll' and 'school girl' look is extremely popular, as are killer stilettos, short skirts, and long long silky hair. I guess from the fellow's point of view - it is a winning lotto ticket!! These sweet young maidens do what they are told to do, dress like they are asked to dress, clean houses with relish, work two or three jobs, look like every schoolboy's crush - so yes, it is a win win win situation - for the men that is!

I passed one such couple on my morning walk today. The man looked very happy with himself, and even smiled at me. He was on a little jaunt with his two favourite gals - his gorgeous glamorous 19 year old bride from abroad, who happened to be helping his 90 year old mother with her walker, while he eyed the passing traffic. So not only does he get all the goodies of a MOB - In addition, he has an unpaid nurse for his aged mother - an ingenious idea!! Two for the price of one!!

Is there something I'm missing?

Have a great weekend!

Polly P xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment