Monday, September 22, 2014

WHAT MAKES YOUR HEART SING?

We all know that life, like the weather, is a mixed bag. Sometimes sunny, other times cloudy and grey. But when you think about it, we need one to appreciate the other!

Right now, what's making me mighty happy is the fact that Fall is here. It's one of my favourite seasons. Also, 'Dancing with the Stars' is back - Yay!! In addition, I'm working out, cutting down, both on spending, and SUGAR!! Having a sense of control makes me feel happy.

What makes you happy? Think about it for a few seconds...write it down. Bet you can pick at least 3 things! Funny jokes? Music? Delicious food? Your garden? It's often the simple things - like gold visa cards!

Another thing that makes me happy - no kidding! if you'll excuse the pun - it's the reality show '19 kids and counting' about the Duggar family. There are 19 children in the family...and room for more!! I love their simple way of life, living out in the countryside, with dogs running around wagging their tails, and everybody pulling together, and eating junk food to their heart's content, and happy as Larry. You have to watch the show to see what I mean.

My girls reading this will say 'Mom! you got to be kidding!' No, I'm not. Now you know - I like the Duggar family. They say it like it is - that life is not all pickles and hairspray! I believe them... though I can understand why some wouldn't! They make no apologies for the fact they are very devout. The two elder daughters are now engaged to be married. In keeping with their custom, and faith, they are not allowed to kiss, or touch their loved one before marriage. After marriage, it's all go once the sluice gates of love are opened!

After all those heart-thumping months of deferring gratification, enduring chaperones travelling everywhere with them, the soon-to-be married Duggar sisters will need a bit of release - which might explain the 19 kids and counting act they have to follow! The baby bar has been raised high by momma and poppa. I want to join their family, and be invited for Thanksgiving! They are my kinda people, simply because they live life completely by their own standards and rules, genuinely believe in God, allow themselves junk food, and always seem so happy - in a simple kind of way, without pretension.

So, like my friends the Duggars, do what makes you happy today! (I know what some will say to that!!) Dance, sing, laugh out loud. Listen to Eckhart Tolle. Savour the simple moments.

Turn off the nagging mind, and turn on the happy!

Luv,

Polly P xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment