Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CAN A SINNER REPENT?


Why is it that every time I tell people I'm on a shopping sabbatical for a year, they roar around the floor laughing, with tears pouring down their cheeks (even more laughter than 'Bridesmaids' and 'Borat' combined).  "You? Now that's funny!" or "I'll believe it when I see it!" "You must be joking!"...Ha Ha Ha. "Why do you want to suffer?"... People tell me I'm a Shopaholic - Who Me? Ya must be joking!! Can sinners repent? That's one of the questions for the road...

The seed for my sudden decision to cut out non-essential purchases for a year, was actually sewn at my daughter Claudia's Graduation. I looked at all these beautiful, vibrant, intelligent, educated young people going out into a world that is, frankly - not the same! There is a world recession, and like it or not - it's here to roost for a few years. All our beautiful, much loved kids, were brought up in a time of plenty. As a result, they have got used to a life of plenty. They too are caught in a vicious cycle of SPEND SPEND SPEND. They have gadgets, gizmos, glamour gear, nails, hair extensions...and the list goes on. How can they continue to pay for stuff...that when you analyse it...is not 'essential'.

So, that's when I decided I needed to be a good role model for my three daughters, who like me, enjoy the finer things of life. My question to myself,  and to you this day is Do we really need all that stuff to make us happy? PLEASE believe me, I am not pontificating, nor do I wish to sound 'holier than thou'. This journey is a learning curve for me too. I want to be different a year from now, God willing. No pain, no gain...right? But all pain, and no play will make Polly a dull girl, so we'll play too!! But we'll use 'Simple Abundance' toys to play with - sounds fun...eh?  I am dedicating the month of August to learn the true meaning of 'Simple Abundance'. Do you want to play with me?

Have you written your bucket list for this year? If so, I would love to know. In fact I would really love to hear from you in the comments section, so I can get to know my fellow travellers, and share some good conversations. Check out the 'Polly's Planets' carriage. In this section, I'll share my astrological education with you, and answer any questions you may have about relationships, etc. That train carriage is vacant at the moment, because I have yet to design it. Check it out tomorrow, d.v. I may have done so by then! It will be the 'Surprise' carriage!

Love Ya!


Polly Hugs to you...Can you feel the love?

Patricia xxx


1 comment:

  1. I get your posts every time you post - you doing great work / play and I want to play too!! So yes, please add my blog to your happy reading material (I blog weekly unless I am traveling and then daily or more) ... www.PamelaTravelBlog.com
    I have bucket lists, vision boards, and so much more. I want to learn more about my astrological future and potential .... enjoying the train!! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete