Friday, July 13, 2012

WHATTTTTTA DAY!



The heavens were at war when I awoke this morning. In fact they were making such a racket, I was convinced it was an earthquake! (we are in the zone after all) It took me a while to realise it was just thunder and lightening, at its noisiest and most disturbing self. As I lay in bed, I began to imagine what it must feel like living in a battle zone with the roar of gunfire reducing you to chicken status. The poor dogs were scared to death and Chichi began to cry, God love her. Could it be the fact the planet Uranus, which governs electricity, is going retrograde today? It will stay retrograde until December - so I'd advise making no major decisions between now and then. Mercury is also going retrograde tomorrow, so wake up world we are in for a pretty interesting ride over the next few weeks!

The tantrum in the sky was swiftly followed by a deluge of pounding rain. Peace and calm were next on the stage. Suddenly, and with no warning at all, we were gifted with a globe of glorious golden sunshine, so bright you'd swear E.T. himself had just landed in the room.

As if that wasn't enough excitement, the girls were going on a day trip over to Vancouver. As we arrived at the depot, the bus was just about to pull off so I said to hell with that, we would drive out to the ferry terminal ourselves, and pass the bus en-route. There was a mad scramble to get to the Sidney ferry in time to catch the 9.00 am sailing. It was a half an hour's drive, so I really had to put the skids on. I gambled with just about every amber light en-route. I was determined to beat one particular light, and would have, if the fellow in front of me hadn't come to a sudden halt. I was sure he was going to keep driving. He didn't, and I had two choices - either crash violently into his rear end, or else quickly direct my car to the left lane, which I did. Fortunately, there was nobody in that lane, otherwise it could have been a 3 car pile-up. Phew! It was a miracle nothing happened. Stalled at the lights, I tried to avoid his bemused gaze. I opened my mouth and stuffed my heart back to where it normally rests. Hello Pollyanna - get me back on that train girl!

We got to the ferry in good time. I was still in a state of shock at my near miss so after I had dropped the girls off, and before driving back into the city, I said a few prayers to thank God, Our Lady, St. Michael and everybody else involved, for coming to my rescue.
I just love my heavenly pals. Even before boarding the Pollyanna Express to Sainthood, I've always been BIG into the Angels. They're my pals for sure!

I certainly owed them one big kind act today, so I planned to drop off all my bags of pennies and coins to the church. I'll have to leave that until next week, as the day was devoured with duty. I did however perform one random act which rendered a smile from a rather corpulent looking golfer. No, I didn't offer to carry his equipment! I found a ball hiding in the bushes when I was power walking, and gave it to him. Pathetic I know. Still, it was the thought that counted... Right Pollyanna?

Last but not least,  I received a beautiful thank you card today. It was from my niece's boyfriend. I have given him a mass after his father died recently, and a little statue of a father and son, which he loved. He told me he kept it beside his bed and it brought back happy memories of time spent with his dad. That little note warmed my heart SO much, especially since it had a picture of an elephant on it.  I just love elephants. They connect me with my Godmother in heaven, who always gave me elephants. Was it her way of telling me 'keep up the good work' Kindness counts.

On that very happy note, I'll say CHOO CHOO for another day!

Hugs,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment