Thursday, July 12, 2012

WAY TO GO POLLYANNA!


Guess what? It's  Day 2 on board the Pollyanna Express, the sun is shining and I'm really enjoying the ride! It's more fun than I thought it would be. Everybody in my family seems to be having a ball (or so they are letting on). I'm sure they are wondering how long 'this one' is going to last for! As long as it keeps me smiling and happy, they'll humour me. That's why I love my family.

The best part of yesterday's journey was seeing a Native lady's face light up in total joy when we stopped the car and gave her two black sacks full of empty cans and bottles. She wasn't expecting that. I loaded the sacks into the back of the car to give them to a street person, and along she came pushing a pram. The girls shrieked 'No mum you will insult her. She's not a street lady Pleaseeeeeee" as they ducked down under the seats. "Momma knows best" says I in delight knowing I was right - it was a street lady and Yes! she was collecting cans and carrying them in her sad looking old pram that had seen better days. Yes! it worked. Her beaming smile, and a single word from her, summed it all up "Cool".

Today could have been a DEZASTER were it not for the Pollyanna Express controlling my 'train' of thoughts...get it! ha ha... Anyway, first thing this morning the newspaper nearly drowned my happiness with a deluge of really depressing stories - stories that, if I wasn't 'training my thoughts', could have got the day off to a very bad start. I'll fill you in so you'll know what I'm on about. A 20 year old student at UVIC was drowned when his canoe capsized. The young fellow was apparently very bright and studying law - what a sad end! Next, a man in Quebec went krazee and killed himself, his daughter and son  - lousy! I turned the page quickly, and as if that wasn't enough punishment...there was a photo of a small plane that crashed in B.C. killing both men on board, who were married to two sisters - wonderful! I mean why the hell do newspapers want to depress us? They seem intent on it. By way of cheery consolation, Pollyanna whispered into my ear 'pray for all those souls, they are in a happier place now' and with that, I bounced back into a happier frame of mind.

Later that morning I was at the supermarket and I lost my car key! Can you believe it? I had to be back home in half an hour to bring Claudia to the Dentist. The trolly was full of food to be loaded in the car and NO KEY! Ms. P instructed me to 'Take a deep breath...stay calm...say a prayer to St. Anthony'. I walked back into the shop. I was like a duck, calm on the surface, but paddling like hell beneath the water! Sure enough they had found the key, so all was well - Phew! Ms. P saved the day again!! The funny thing about it all is that I was trying to be kind to the exhausted looking lady at the check out counter (who probably had 3 jobs to support her family). I admired her earrings and she told me with a tinge of guilt in her voice that they had been 'really expensive' and took them off to show me. "You're worth it!' I said, bringing some sunshine to her cloudy little visage. She was thrilled, but silly ol' me had been SO liberal with the LOVE, I left my key at her till! Ha Ha...Funny.

Pollyanna is the Angel of my thoughts and actions. Pure peace, happiness and joy become my modus operandi. It does require some adjustment, but so far so good.

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell am staying on board the Pollyanna Express. All the way to Nirvana!

Choo Choo until another day...

Hugs,

Patricia xxx

1 comment:

  1. LOVING the blog mum! Keeping me entertained for a quiet shift at Red Cross! :)

    ReplyDelete