Monday, July 16, 2012

SUGAR AND SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE.


It is Monday morning and the start of a brand new week - Yeah! Way to go Pollyanna. This is not the way I intended to write this blog, but I know it is going to be a difficult week for me...Correction! it is going to be a 'cheerfully challenging' week for me, and I will need to rely on Pollyanna to get me through it. 'Pollyoptimism' will be my brew of choice this week. I'll be drinking several cups a day. Claudia, my baby is leaving for New Zealand this Saturday. That's why it will be hard. (I've the dentist as well!). It's her gap year and it will flyyyyyyyyy. (thanks Pollyanna for whispering that in my ear). Time flies when you're having fun, and God willing, it will be fun for her.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, thanks to that gross, disgusting, horror movie everybody was watching. My head was blasting with images of the villian Jason running around with his butcher knife, slashing everybody in sight, and making mince meat of them, and then playing soccer with their heads. Delightful stuff. Oops! I just got gently reprimanded by Pollyanna. She thinks it best not to even mention words such as 'horror' or 'butcher knife' which can cause a ripple of angst in our peaceful ponds. I agree Pollyanna. Thanks, I wont do it again.

From now on, it's all sugar and spice and everything nice, right?

Well...I'd best go easy on the sugar and spice... I returned to Weight Watchers on Saturday. I slithered into the meeting with my tail between my legs. I told them I was the prodigal daughter returning to the fold. All was forgiven. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not on a diet. No, the word 'diet' does not exist in the Pollyanna vocabulary. Anything that smacks of pain is not permitted. Get the drift?  Just remove the word 't' from that word 'diet' and you are left with the word 'die'. No wonder diets never work. Nobody wants to die of misery, or starvation for that matter. That offensive word has been replaced with a kinder version, namely 'live'. Yes, it's official, I'm on a live.
Another word replacement is weighing machine. In our Pollyanna vocabulary, it is called 'the love machine'. It is there to help us love ourselves more. The love machine is not your enemy, it is your friend. You would not kick a friend, would you? So next time it upsets you, remember it's just tough love.

When you're sitting on the train, and you feel that yes, your waistband is 'rather clingy' and tight and uncomfortable. Don't go out buying new clothes. Refer to the 8th commandment 'Spend wisely'. Pollyanna wants you to be happy with yourself, and if your clothes are too tight, you know what you need to do...otherwise you are not going to be happy with yourself. Remember, this is a journey, and everything that makes you unhappy will start to unfold as the journey evolves. Worries will be thrown out the train window as they are not permitted on board.

One by one, you will see them slip through your fingers like sand. You'll watch them blowing in the wilderness, where they belong in the first place. Think rocking chair - it keeps you moving, but gets you nowhere. Yeps, worry is the same.

So now, without further ado, let's get on with the week. I dunno about you, but I will be working on commandment # 7 'De-clutter'. My basement is like a screaming baby at the moment. It needs to be changed. But first, I need to get into the office and do some work with my patient husband Kevin who wants us to take up dancing classes as it is good for the aging brain. Now dancing?...I think Pollyanna would approve!

Cheers and Choo Choo for now, I'm putting the kettle on for a nice cup of Pollyoptimism. Enjoy a cup today and remember what the world needs now is LOVE SWEET LOVE. Yes, go ahead and sing that in the office elevator tomorrow - I dare you!!

Hugs,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment