Saturday, July 28, 2012

YOU WHATTTTTTT?


Yes, that's the reaction I got when I told my fashionista kids I was eliminating shopping for a year. They said "Really Mom, you'll never stick to it" and "What if I want to buy you something?" "Well then, you can buy me a coffee" was my earnest response. Kevin was REALLY positive about my decision and said he would support me all the way. He thinks it a great idea - most men would!! Wives not shopping - Yee Haw!

All eyes are on me at the moment, including my own. I had to watch myself very carefully yesterday, as I passed all the summer side walk sales, strutting their stuff like ladies of negotiable affection. Gawd, there was a gorgeous orange and turquoise top I would kill for, and those sassy golden sandals...'STOP!' The good voice whispered into my left ear. I call that my Saturn ear. 'What the hell are you punishing yourself like that for...go ahead and BUY IT', was the response from the right ear. I call that one my Jupiter ear. Well, I didn't buy anthing. Yes! I resisted temptation. Ha Ha you ain't seen nothin' yet! It was on my POA to avoid shops, but I had to pass them en-route to the bank. I can resist anything but temptation is SO yesterday!

Later, I went to the supermarket and stocked up on a few essentials. Thanks to my cash-only policy, I kept it to just that - essentials. Yeah! this can be fun. Already my purse is feeling heavier...which leads me to my next thought...Pennies for heaven.

This weekend I'm starting the de-cluttering... Yes, 'Operation Transformation' has officially just begun. While Kevin is hunting the deer, I'll be tracking down all those jars, boxes and bags of pennies to donate them. I am learning, bit by awkward bit, that Philanthropy comes in all forms. It can be a smile, a kind word, giving your old cans to a street person, donating pennies, donating old clothes and donating your time.

Gotta go...the dogs are screaming for their walk!! - I call that pee-philanthropy.

Love ya!

Polly Hugs Galore,

Patricia xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment