Monday, July 23, 2012

FEATHERS FROM HEAVEN

Yesterday, at my lowest ebb, I was thinking about Claudia, and tears began to well up in my eyes. We were sitting in the car, waiting to board the ferry home to Victoria. Suddenly, from nowhere, a little white feather gently landed on my left shoulder. 'Look', I said to the others 'Did you see that? Feathers from Heaven. There is an angel in the car, assuring me she is going to be fine'. Where did it come from? I wondered. The sun roof wasn't open, so there is no other way it could have come into the car, and land on me the way it did! "No, that was a gull relieving itself" Kevin joked. Hell it wasn't a gull! It was an angel, and I'm sticking to my original thought. I like it better.

Today when I was in the office, I was doing my Pollyanna thing, and making a big effort to cheer up a severly depressed patient, sitting in the waiting room. This particular lady likes when I am nice to her. Suddenly, Victoria phoned me to "Come quick mum, there is a little hummingbird trying to escape and keeps banging its head off the kitchen skylight". So I dropped everything, and off I went to save the little hummingbird. Victoria and I share a love of birds, especially hummingbirds. They signify love, happiness and joy in living. There is no way I wanted one of those little creatures to die in my kitchen! Fortunately, home is only a stone's throw from the office. I was there in a jiff.

When I arrived, the little bird was clinging desperately to the kitchen lantern, clutching for dear life to the chain. Poor Victoria of the gentle heart, was visibly distressed. I got the step ladder and up I went to the rescue "Get some honey Vicky, quick!" I roared from the top of the ladder.
The sweet little hummingbird was compliant and co-operated fully. She must have understood the word 'Honey'. Because I had that little honey eating out of my hands in no time.

Prior to this incident, Claudia had FB'd me from Auckland, to say she was lonely, and missing us. If you are reading this Clauds, that sweet hummingbird was symbolic of you. She had to bang her little head off the wall for a few minutes, to re-adjust to her surroundings. Yes, the honey worked a treat, and she flew off in great spirits!

You too Claudia will soar, like the little hummingbird today - up and away into the sunshine! Remember mum's words of wisdom "You get more bees with honey!" Wish I could remember that one myself!! LOL

Anchors Away in Auckland!

Polly Hugs Galore, and look out for those feathers from heaven...

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment