Wednesday, July 25, 2012

HIGH FIVES THIS WEEK

Yes, life is full of simple pleasures! The following provided me with my favourite
'Aha' moments this week. What were yours? Write them down...See what I mean, it's those simple magic moments...

THE WRITING IS DEFINITELY ON THE WALL!

This is the card I drew this week from my Native Wisdom cards. 'Shed the skin of the past'. Just when I was thinking it would be a great idea!

IS THE UNIVERSE TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING?

I found this fortune cookie message on Robson Street, Vancouver last Saturday. It was after we had finished our 'last supper' with Claudia, and getting ready for the Airport.


KUDOS TO CHICHI!


This is Chichi drinking from her Weight Watchers mug (as if!). We are all mighty proud of her. She lost some weight this week. We're in this together Chichi! Keep up the great work!


PADDY THE FISHERMAN


Paddy was another wonderful find at the Value Village Emporium. I keep him in my kitchen, and he never fails to bring a smile to my face when I look at him!

CUTENESS!


Victoria sent me this picture today. It gave me such a warm, fuzzy feeling. Don't ya love her?


LULU THE SUN WORSHIPPER



She may as well enjoy it while we have it! Not that I need to tell her that...Just looking at her makes me feel peaceful...

MY GARDEN OF EDEN


 This time of year, my garden brings me endless pleasure (not the weeding part!!). When I inhale the lavender, it makes me think of my mother. Lavender is her favourite perfume. When I look at the vibrant red Lucifer flowers, it connects me with my dad's glorious garden in Ireland. When I gaze upon the sky blue hydrangea, it transports me back to my grandmother's garden, and the many happy memories I have from visiting her as a child. Ahhh such heaven is a garden...My garden of rememberance...

 There were endless other little things that gave me joy this week. Television being one. Yes, I found it very entertaining this past week. Normally I don't watch a lot of t.v. especially in the summer. This week I really enjoyed 'House Hunters International'. It showed one couple moving from America to Dubai for work. It was fascinating to see the real estate in Dubai and to learn a little about the culture over there, from an ex-pats point of view. Another couple were moving from Chicago to Dublin, my city. That was equally educational to see the real estate on offer over there now, and the prices, etc.

My other happy viewing moments were 'Rags to Red Carpet'...pure fantasy stuff for middle aged ladies like me! It is all Cinderalla stuff, where they transform ordinary, frumpy ladies from dull to delicious! Just my kinda thing. They did amazing transformations this week.

Lastly 'Downton Abbey' - if you can rent the videos - WATCH THIS ONE! It is a thoroughly delightful story, set in England circa 1912. It makes for addictive viewing!

That's about it for this past week...I am not even going to mention Claudia...Pollyanna wants me to stay on the train of positive thinking. Yeah! I'm back on board Ms. P.

Choo Choo all my friends...

Polly Hugs Galore,

Patricia xxx


1 comment: