Friday, July 27, 2012

HAS THE EARTH MOVED?

It has been 18 days since I first boarded the Pollyanna Express train to Happiness. Is it rubbing off? Am I feeling the LOVEEEE? Has the earth moved? My honest answer to all those questions is a resounding YES, YES and YES again. I kid you not. The earth has truly moved! I have been happy, more often than I have been unhappy. It has helped me jump over a major hurdle (Claudia's departure), without falling into the dark abyss of depression.

Prior to Pollyanna, my life had begun to stretch before me in endless repetition...getting older...getting fatter...getting nowhere. Now, I see adventure on the horizon. I see a Plan...a Vision...a new Calling!

The plan is to daily change my train...of thought. When unwelcome visitors come into my carriage of thought, I open the window and out they go! Get lost mista! Only pleasant thought visitors are now allowed in. I decide who stays, and who has to leave the carriage, with suitcase of mischief in hand. Fun eh?

The following 'Heavenly Seven' visitors are allowed stay:-

Daily reminders of the 'Ten Commandments' or Rules of the Road.

No plastic cards (unless for flight bookings) for the month of August. Everything is cash-only. If a success, shall stretch it beyond the month.

NOT ONE stitch of clothing, bling, bags or shoes to be purchased (for me) FOR THE WHOLE YEAR! This is a serious project. My goal is to have less baggage, and stuff in my life. Is less really more? I will be on a quest to discover.

UP on the CHARITY work, volunteer at homeless shelter, Kiwanis home for single mums and their kids, visit old folk in homes, Mustard Seed, etc. etc. It is a year of 
discovery and adventure.

Waste not, Want not. Daily spend log.

Put your own gas mask on first. Daily exercise and food log.

MUST donate part of the money saved (by eliminating non-essentials)
to charity.

So yes, things are sizzling on the Choo Choo. It is full steam ahead!

On that happy note, cheery byes for now and enjoy the OLYMPICS!!

Polly Hugs and Kisses,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment