Sunday, July 29, 2012

DIVINE PROVIDENCE


Today is Sunday - God day - fun day - flea market day - call it what you will day. Yes to all of the aforementioned, and then some. Even though the battle against shopping raged on today, and those side walk soldiers fought their best to get into my purse, I did not seccumb!

It was a gloriously sunny morning, I got dressed up in my Sunday best, hat and all (hadn't time to wash the hair), then off to church with Kevin. We were pleasantly surprised when a young novice delivered the homily. And what a Homily! He described himself as 'newly minted' and was quite the orator. Even though he was only a young fellow, his enthusiasm and sincerity was palpable. He shared with us a little of his own personal journey, and how it was his decision to become a Catholic, and then later, a priest. Prior to all of that he had been studying Philosophy at University. "We are all here today" he said "because we are searching for meaning in our life; hungry for spiritual sustenance. We have needs in our heart, that only God can fill".

That's it in a nutshell I thought to myself. Because every time I leave church, I have a warm fuzzy feeling inside of me. It feeds my soul, and keeps me going for the rest of the week. By the following Sunday, I am ready for a fresh basket of spiritual bread. The words resonate with me, and I feel truly nourished.  Part of the Pollyanna journey, after all, is to explore everything that makes the heart glad. Everything that makes you wake up in the morning and say 'Thank you Lord'. And it doesn't matter what denomination - it's all the same God - the same God who created us all.

So what's the Divine Providence? you may well ask. It's funny. Remember I mentioned yesterday that while Kevin was out chasing the deer, I was going chasing the pennies for heaven. Well chase them I did - the picture below shows I was not joking when I told you I was a hoarder! And that's just about half the bounty. Below the coins is a message from our church bulletin today! Ha... they were looking for pennies to help educate lovely young novices like the one we met today. Now that's what I call 'divine timing!'
COINS COLLECTED AROUND THE HOUSE LAST NIGHT

CHURCH BULLETIN TODAY


Cheers and Happy Sunday!

Polly Hugs Galore,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment