Sunday, July 15, 2012

HIGH FIVES THIS WEEK... :)

STARBUCKS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
The day has not begun until I've had my Starbucks. When I went to my downtown cafe today, they offered a 20% discount when you bought 3 lbs PLUS a free grande latte! WTG Starbucks! I asked for two Americanos instead of the latte and they said "sure, why not". They gave me a quick questionnaire to fill out on line and offered a free drink for doing it. Now that's what I call 'Show Business!'  

A FORTUNE COOKIE MESSAGE 
Can you believe it? I found the above one as I was walking down the street today. It was raining but I still managed to spot it with my beady little eye. It is one of the ways my angel friends make contact with me. I find these messages in the most random of places. Every time I see one, I reach out for it and ask myself 'now what are the angels trying to tell me?' I think the above message is pretty interesting, especially in light of the Pollyanna Project. Would you agree? Notice the word 'road'. I connect it with train...we are moving in the right direction.  

SCHWEETHEART OUR FAMILY ORANGUTAN WITH LULU!
You will always find Lulu hanging out in the warmest, cosiest place in the house. Today it was in the arms of Schweetheart, our other adorable family pet, who thankfully, does not need to be fed or changed!

 MY SHAWL OF MANY COLOURS
This is a picture of me about to kiss little Lulu, wearing my favourite new purchase. My shawl of many colours which I purchased this week. I bought it for the princely sum of $9.99 in one of my favourite boutiques in Victoria - the V.V. boutique (Value Village). It was never worn, still had the label on and it is SO cozy, made of fleece. I will wear it writing my blogs, as I love cheery colours and coziness. The money goes to charity so it's a WIN WIN WIN situation!


POLLYANNA
In real life, this angel looks far more beautiful. I bought it also at the V.V. Emporium for the sum of $3.99! It is wooden and was hand made and painted by the prisoners in El Salvador. Who could make anything for that price? It matches my shawl of many colours. This is what I imagine my Pollyanna Angel looks like. I LOVE her! She stands 6 inches tall and has a prominent position in my sunny yellow kitchen. Welcome to my family Pollyanna! We'll treat you well girl!




So there you have it friends, my 'High Five' pick for this week. Don't ya love them? There were other things worthy of a 'High Five', but I could not catch them on camera. They were as follows:-


1)  The smile on the street lady's face when we gave her the empty cans


2)   The sight of a big black crow delicately putting 2 grapes into his mouth, which he found outside a grocer's shop. He looked so funny flying off with them in his mouth - cute!


3)   Taking a few minutes break from my early morning walk to watch the ducks play. They looked so calm and serene as they glided gracefully along the glassy pond. A magic moment...


4)   The sound of Lulu and Chi chi gnawing happily on their pork chop bones.


5)   A note book Ali brought me back from her day trip to Vancouver. It had the following words written on the cover "I have found that if you love life, life will love you back".


How true!


So keep on doin' what makes you happy!
 Until tomorrow Choo Choo, and stay on board the Happiness 'Train'...of thought ha ha. 




Hugs,


Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment