Tuesday, August 7, 2012

ANYBODY FOR TEA?

Sit back, chillax and put the kettle on!

I have always liked this little ritual, and happily recall my grandmother taking her daily break to eat an apple, have tea, and cadbury's dairy milk chocolate. The look of pure bliss on her face as she munched on the chocolate, was a sight for sore eyes. Every day deserves its down time, whether you dress it up, or dress it down!

Of course now that I have finished watching the 'Downton Abbey' series, my passion for afternoon tea, aristocracy style, has been re-ignited. Even though they had maids to serve the tea, that doesn't mean we plebs cannot create our own little rituals. It's one of the many pleasures of life. The more beauty and adventure we squeeze into our lives, the happier we will be. It's a fact of life. All worry and no play makes Polly a dull girl! We need the sweet to balance the sour, right?

Sunday afternoon at my place. This was a practise run...

My modest efforts to re-create the afternoon tea we had at the 'Empress Hotel' here in Victoria, and the Ritz in London. We had blueberries with whipped cream to start, followed by a selection of home-made finger sandwiches (egg, cheese salad, ham).
Last but not least, a selection of 2-bite cakes (delish) which I cheated on, and bought in! Then we had some dinner mints to freshen our breath before re-applying our lipstick'!!

 The sweet 'cheat' treats up close. The miniature lemon cup cake had a raspberry filling - oohhh...I got that one! To the right was a chocolate mocha 2-bite delicacy. It was very compatible with my tongue. We hit it off immediately!


Sunday was a beautiful sunny day so we combined breakfast and lunch, and had our afternoon tea party out on the deck. The flies were real pests, otherwise we would have stayed longer.

This was our invitation to the Afternoon Tea party at Craigdarroch Castle.




Oops, I didn't realize it was fancy dress!!


Anyone for Craigdarroch's special brew tea?

A view of the castle from the lawn


Afternoon Tea at the Ritz London, with my beloved girls, Victoria (Centre) and Ali on the right. That was Spring, 2012.


These are the happy moments which I store in my heart...

Cheery byes for now, and put that kettle on!

Polly Hugs,

Patricia xxx

1 comment: