Friday, August 10, 2012

TO BE OR NOT TO BE...

...HAPPY? That is the question, and only YOU have the answer.

It's a given - sweet and sour will always feature on life's menu. By filling our tanks with happy moments, it will help us deal with the less savoury ones. Our entry into this world wasn't exactly a pleasant experience, was it? Being kicked out of our mother's cosy womb, was surely a rude awakening. No wonder we cried our guts out! Ever since, we've probably been on our guard, realizing that in a given moment, life can alter, for the better, or for the worse.

It's true for Carl Jung, the word 'Happiness' would lose its true meaning, if it were not balanced by sadness. So how do you keep your engine in happiness drive? - without appearing like a total phoney? The answer for me personally, can be summed up in one word - God. Ever since I was a small child, my faith, and belief in angels, has sustained me, especially in moments of turmoil. I sensed there was a protective presence, and it was to that 'protective presence' I would pray. They got me out of plenty a hairy situation time and time again. That's why I stuck around!

I was fortunate to grow up in a loving home environment. I never doubted for a moment that I was loved. School was another matter...I hated it from the get go! I was convinced the nuns were men in drag,with their hairy legs and deep voices, and I didn't like the way they shouted at us kids, and some of them were downright mean. They put me off school in those early bleak years. First of all, I get kicked out of my mother's cosy womb, then as soon as I get settled into my new home, I get kicked out again to face the Nuns! By the age of 10, I knew exactly what Scott Peck was talking about in his book 'The Road Less Travelled'.

 "Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth, because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult - once we truly understand and accept it - then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters".

The above infamous tongue-twister is worth pondering on, isn't it?

That's your homework for the weekend!

So get going! - Make music - Sing - Dance - Eat - Love - Pray - Create beauty - Walk your dogs - Hug somebody. Do whatever it takes to build up your misery immune system!

Love ya!

Polly Hugs,

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment