Saturday, August 4, 2012

HAPPY PROOF YOUR HOME


Happiness is home made. No matter where we roam, there is indeed no place like Home Sweet Home! The cosier you can make your space, the happier you will be. It's my castle and my fantasyland, and it would take more than a bulldozer to drag me from it! Since I don't have any family living in Canada, apart from my husband and daughters, I've had to be very creative in my efforts as a homemaker. I thought I would share some ideas with you. It may seem insane to you - but they sure work for me! 

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH 'SMILES'     


1. This is Millie the Maid. I have had her for 18 years. When she is not serving my cup of tea, she holds the videos (notice Downton Abbey?) She is part of the family, and the girls used to play with her when they were little! Unfortunately, she does not dress beds!

Every happy home has to have a 'Welcoming Committee', or 'Greeters', when you return from work, or school. These are my trusty companions, Lulu and Chichi. They are always happy to see us!


This is Mr. and Mrs. Happy. They originated in Norway, and I bought them at a flea market in Calgary. They live near the spice rack in the kitchen. Their smiling faces are contagious! Notice Dan the breadman behind them? He has been delivering bread to the family for the past 19 years!


This is Sally Sunshine, the Coca Cola Gal, ever ready with a friendly smile. I just love happy faces looking back at me, especially in the kitchen, where I spend most of my time!


This is Lolita from Paris. She brightens my day, especially since Paris is my favourite city in the world.


This is Lucky the Leprechaun, bought in an antique shop in Ireland many years ago. The day I bought him was a very happy one for me. Every time I look at him, he brings back happy memories!


This geezer charmed his way into my life! I'm a sucker for smiling, happy faces!


You met Paddy the fisherman before. He was a great catch at the V.V. Emporium. Does he not bring a smile to your face?


This is Friar Tuck. He changes his head gear, according to the season. What a smile?


Meet Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, the mischievous elves. They joined the family a few years ago. They do double duty for me, sometimes holding little flowers in a guest room, or sometimes appetizer sticks.


This is one of the many happy, affirmation card sets I keep around my home. This one is in the guest washroom. They always deliver positive messages, such as 'Just let yourself be'. I have them in different rooms around the house. Angel cards, native wisdom cards, etc. They help keep the spirits high!


This is Coco the monkey. Currently he holds potpourri in the guest washroom. He is a character!


Meet the Siamese Sisters, Cheeky on the left, and Charlie on the right. Another flea market find. They are easy to manage. Never have to be fed or litter boxed!



Last but not least, this is Queenie, the best behaved dog in the house! We got her years ago, before Lulu and Chichi arrived. The kids wanted a dog, we were renting at the time, so along came Queenie, When Chichi was a  baby, she used to cuddle into Queenie!

So as you can see, my method of bringing happiness into my home, is through smiling faces (even if they are not real) and positive affirmation cards around the house.

I am VERY careful about who I invite into my home, as everybody leaves an energy behind them. On the odd occasion, I encounter 'toxic energy', I bless the house after that person has left.

I bless my house anyway.

Last, but not least, everybody needs their private space. Try and carve our a little cave for yourself, where you can have some peace and quiet.

Enjoy your home-sweet-home!

Polly Hugs,

Patricia xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh this is my favourite post yet!!! Nice to know the names of the creatures I share a house with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you my dears...any chance of a cup of tea?

      Delete
  2. Cheeky and Charlie have settled into their new home quite nicely! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha...Tessa is jealous! But at least they don't have to be fed!!

      Delete