Wednesday, August 8, 2012

NO REGRETS


I knew I was getting older when I began to notice the geezers giving me 'the eye' were old enough to be my father...or so I thought! It was a rude awakening for me and my vanity, when I realized the Chippendale look-alike boys were now giving my daughters the eye - and not me! You see in my heart I still felt the same as I did when I was 19, it's just the outer shell has got a bit battered from the wear and tear of life. I guess it is what it is - the transience of life! And with that realization comes humility.

Another sign I was getting old...Correction! Pollyanna says there is no such thing as 'getting older' - the correct term is 'getting younger' - thanks Pollyanna I will try and remember that! (is it because we start to wear diapers and dribble again?)

Well as I was saying, another clue I was getting 'younger' is my fascination with the Obituary page. It is so interesting to read about the lives of ordinary people, and I find myself in moments of weirdness, writing my own obituary. 'An angel until somebody ruffled her feathers' would not be a waste of words. I really loved one fellow's Adieu to the world. It was simple and to the point "I have lived my life to the fullest. I have no regrets". Wow! doesn't it make you think?

I unearthed the following treasure when I was on a de-cluttering binge. I saw it in a magazine while waiting for the dentist, and the words resonated with me, so I wrote them down. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

NO REGRETS

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So, love the people who treat you right, and forget about the ones who don't.
And believe that everything happens for a reason...
If you get a chance...take it
And if it changes your life...let it
Nobody said it would be easy
They just promised it would be worth it
You have to take the good with the bad
Smile when you're sad
Love what you've got
And remember what you've had
Always forgive, but never forget
Learn from your mistakes
but never regret
People change
Things go wrong
Just remember - Life goes on!


Cheery byes and keep your face towards the sunshine!

Patricia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment